Tuesday 12 March 2013

Week 10: Restorative justice in practice

There is a lot to be said about restorative justice in the English criminal justice system, and I said a fair bit of it this afternoon. If you've got any interest in RJ I strongly recommend having a good look at the slides on Moodle. Also, do some reading when you get a moment. (John Braithwaite! Barbara Hudson! Andrew Ashworth! Go on, you know you want to.) However, given the way this unit is structured, the sad fact is that taking an interest in RJ at this stage is unlikely to have any effect on your degree, so I can understand why a number of you gave it a miss today. Note to self: next year, set RJ essay.

It was nice to see so many people turning up for the 'drop-in' sessions this afternoon. I'll be running them again next week, so you can bring any last-minute essay panics to me then. I've been very favourably impressed with the thoughtfulness and creativity that's gone into planning your essays; I'm looking forward to seeing the finished articles.


No comments:

Post a Comment